Monday, January 18, 2010

MONDAY MUSIC INSPIRATION!!

(new little "hope string" painting)
this is today's song....i remember the first time i heard this song years ago how it resonated with me. the lyrics to this song are so much of what i stand for and believe and am TRYING to implement in my children. believe in yourself, believe in what you do, know you have a light!

check the lyrics out here...

"and if you're trying to paint a picture
but you're not sure what colors belong
just paint what you see
don't let anyone say it's wrong."

we had quite a storm blow through here this morning....lots and lots of rain and crazy wind! my girls and i sat and watched as the waves came crashing in and listened to the rain beating against the sliding glass doors. now the sun is out in full force, drying out all the lovely things that just got all cleaned off!

well...i am off to snuggle with sophia and sydnie and watch a movie!!! happy monday everyone...sending loves and hugs!!

7 comments:

  1. love wilco.
    love that song.
    i love the quote about colors that you included.
    great advice.
    the beach sounds so great to me right now.
    snuggle those babies girlfriend.
    miss you
    c
    p.s. am loving your little string-word girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear friend! I so wish I was there with you and the girls right now. I could so use some beach time. I have bags too big to carry on an airplane under my eyes right now!
    Love you little painting. love that you are painting every week...you are ready for your little Etsy shop my dear!
    Big hugs to you and thanks for staying in touch the past couple of weeks. I needed to know you girls were still out there loving me!!
    Hugs,
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello miss Kolleen. Love the believe painting. and I love how you love your children and are such a great role model for them.

    Big hugs my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kolleen, Thank you for your kind words on my blog. It is so nice to "meet" you! I love your warm, colourful blog: the love and art and family and laughter just spill out off the screen.
    Your paintings are particularly gorgeous. Do open an Etsy shop, I think (for example) there would be lots of Mums out there keen to snap up beautiful inspiring prints for their little girls.
    I hope Mondo Beyondo has been an exhilarating experience for you so far. I look forward to getting to know more about you and your dreams as the course progresses.
    Warmly, Kat
    PS I am SO envious that you have met Andrea Scher! But I am not surprised that she is as magnificent a human being in person as she is on her blog (and in this course).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new painting! I am learning so many songs from you. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard about the storms down there!

    Love the lyrics you included. So true.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey thanks so much for stopping by and posting a comment on my blog, i love you combine music with your paintings and the textures in this one are lovely. Im a big fan of inspirational music whilst i paint and have a "station" on pandora i listen to all the time, chilled out, gorgeous tunes with lots of classical influences too..i have created some happy works...I think music saves lives and it completely changes an unhappy day to a fabulous sun shiny one. Look forward to exploring your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

i heart love notes....