Sunday, January 10, 2010

LOVE LISTS...GOOD FOR THE SOUL

(YES...VALENTINES IS COMING AND SHES OUR REMINDER)
there was a night back on December 30, 2008 (and yes...i meant to type an 8!!) that i had a couple of hours to myself since my hubby took the kids to the movies.
so i snuggled in with a yummy glass of merlot and began to type....i didn't really have an agenda but this is what it turned into.
i began to write things that i love or have loved in my life.
initially i thought "well i will write 100"...then it turned to 150...and before you know it i had written down 207 and i continue to add to this list.
it was so much fun and made my heart GIGGLE!
so i tempt you to do this...and for some reason i did it in 3rd person...not sure why!! so here are a few i wanted to share...

THINGS THAT KOLLEEN LOVES...THAT MAKE HER HEART GIGGLE!

* A REALLY GREAT HUG
* HAVING COFFEE WITH HER MOM
* DANCING ON HER GRANDMA JULIE'S FEET WHEN SHE WAS A LITTLE GIRL IN THE KITCHEN TO POLKA MUSIC.
* WATCHING A NEW MOM HOLD HER BRAND NEW BABY IN HER ARMS
*TAKING NAPS
* RIDING HER BICYCLE THROUGH PUDDLES OF RAIN AND PULLING HER KNEES UP SO HER PANTS WOULDN'T GET WET
* HAVING MOVED TO PHOENIX, AZ AT 24 NOT KNOWING A SINGLE SOUL.
* OPEN MINDED PEOPLE
* BEING A STEP MOM - SHE FINDS IT CHALLENING BUT REWARDING ALL IN THE SAME BREATH
* BEING RAISED IN A SMALL TOWN IN ILLINOIS
* HOLDING HANDS ON THE BEACH WITH HER HUSBAND
* HOLDING HANDS ANYTIME WITH HER HUSBAND

okay...you get the idea so i will quit boring you!
SO DO IT!
IT'S GOOD FOR THE SOUL...I PROMISE YOU!!!

HAPPY SUNDAY BLOG LOVES! XXOO


8 comments:

  1. Hey, love this idea - kind of a different take on the gratitude journal. I have had days when I could barely think of a good thing to say, but that's when you need it most - it really helps to force your mind into a positive place. We are so much more functional if we can get to that place. You're so right - it is GOOD for the SOUL!! Thanks for the reminder, sweet Kolleen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a good idea lovely!!! i'm definitely going to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Koll, you are too cute! I love reading all about what your loves are..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. k...i love this idea. i felt so honored when you showed it to me and seeing the "three ring" made me smile just now!
    love you much.
    you encourage flight in me!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to make this list! It is like gratitude but coming at it from a different angle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well I know one thing that I love.

    YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your valentine reminder :) She looks so full of love & happy! I also love your girls on your last post...they inspire :) Besos, Rose

    ReplyDelete

i heart love notes....