Monday, February 8, 2010

MONDAY MUSIC INSPIRATION & WKND BITS

( Valentine Inspired HeartWingSister...pretty happy with how she turned out. I had her made into mini valentine cards)

Happy Monday everyone!!! Today's Monday Music Inspiration is this song...my sister Kelli chose this one for today! Great, great song! Hope you all enjoy!

Here are the lyrics... "Is there a better bet than love? What you are is what you breathe. You gotta cry before you sing."

so here are some little snapshots of my weekend....

this is my lovely "cankle" after i took a spill down our steps. note to self and to others out there...do not attempt to walk down steps in the pitch dark after a glass or two of vino....THIS COULD BE THE END RESULT!
my 3 sweet girls found these heart rocks on their beach walk yesterday....they thought i needed some extra love! i believe today is day 8 of my dear friend Chrissy's heart experiment. and then....the BEST thing...
this sweet surprise photo came to me from my dear, dear friend kelly. i asked her to make one of my paintings into a pendant and "always got your back" was the one she did. i LOVE it so much and it made my really crappy day much more beautiful and bright!

thank you SO much sweet kelly. i truly feel she is a kindred spirit to me and i absolutely positively adore her! The other pendant is one of her gor-juss goddesses...such beautiful work! She is a true goddess herself so go visit her!! she has some really beautiful jewelry and paintings and you cannot help but love her blog and what she has to say! she always makes me smile!!

happy monday friends!! loves to you! xoxoxoxo

10 comments:

  1. Awe, LOVE YOU! Our sweet pendants together. WE are ARTISTS! Seems weird to say out loud, but since I've been saying I'm a Goddess for a few weeks now, I guess I can say I'm an ARTIST too!
    I'm still smiling over your VLOG! Take care and rest that poor "cankle"!
    MUAH!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog via Kellys blog. Ow that ankle looks sore, I did that to myself too, carrying the washing I fell off the verandah haha! Your valentines day painting is off the counter cute - and Kelly is right, your paintings make beautiful pendants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Im following from Kelley..glad Ive found you..ooooh your poor foot...hope it heals quickly...your art is beautiful..hopw to see you on Etsy soon...go for it..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow. Ow. Ow! Your poor ankle! I hope you are able to rest.

    Your painting looks so fantastic on that pendant! Perfect for your Etsy shop.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kolleen amor....OUCHIE...you with your poor ankle and me with my stubbed big toe, what a pair we make, and I can't even say I was enjoying some good vino, I was too busy looking into a store window to see all their pretties when I tripped and stubbed my toe, so now, no closed shoes with rain...yay lol I like to live dangerously like that :) Anyways, I hope you are feeling better and that the swelling has gone down. Your pieces from Kelly are gorgeous! I love how they came out, I teased her that the dark haired one is a drawing of me...as if :) her goddess drawings are gorgeous! Now about you amor, you are so talented...you need to let your wings soar and go for it, open an etsy store, the worst that can happen is...what??? You might have some extra beautiful pieces to display?? the best...everyone is going to love your work and they will buy them, but either way, know this, you aren't validated by what others think of your art, your art is validated by you :) So lil Miss artist, do your thang :) Besos, Rose

    ps...I LOVE your "always got your back" artwork...it is Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, sorry that was sooo long! :) Besos, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor thing -- sounds like you were very lucky that it wasn't worse. I definitely made notes to self from this post! Stairs are so treacherous, and yet I love them. I can't imagine not living in a two story house. It's just so storybook . . .
    Sweet valentine painting! Looks like you are getting all geared up for romance on the 14th. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1st...i miss you TERRIBLY!
    2nd...poor little ankle!
    3rd...i told kelly i actually wanted a pendent of that VERY painting of yours....love love love it!
    how beautiful does it look next to kelly.s work too?
    love your HEARTS.
    thanks for the link love.
    sending you a gigantic heartwing hug!
    loves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh..that ankle looks scary! Found you tonight by way of Kelly. Isn't she just the sweetest? Just popping in to say how much I like your work and now I'm off to check out your Etsy shop. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, pop by for a visit at: http://dimplesdragonflies.com

    Currently I'm offering a "Free Giveaway" 12X12 Original Oil On Canvas, as a way to familiarize my voice and my work to anyone whose interested. You still have a chance to enter if you'd like. My promotion doesn't close until February 11th.

    You have a really sweet blog and a very beautiful family. Just watch those stairs after dark (and the vino)..Blessings, joy and sunshine, Terri Smith, Dimples & Dragonflies

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my sweetie! your poor ankle! I've sprained my ankles so many times playing basketball and i can tell you it hurts like hell doesn't it?!? I hope it gets to feeling better soon. love ya!!

    ReplyDelete

i heart love notes....