Wednesday, February 25, 2009

HOW MANY OF US OUT THERE ARE AFRAID TO TRULY SPEAK UP...TO SPEAK OUR MINDS



I am posting up another sketch that I did a couple of months ago that I am hoping to convert to a painting at some time in the near future...it's a little hectic with 4 kiddlies running around to find the time...but I really love her.

I think she represents all of us at one time or another in our lives. If not MANY times. I know I have had several of those moments where fear crept in and I was afraid to speak up, to say what was really on my mind, for fear of hurting someone's feelings, getting a reaction I may not want, etc... But I have learned over the years that when we don't speak our minds we are truly hurting ourselves. I mean, come on, we can't expect others to know what we are thinking, right?

As you can see, she doesn't have a mouth because she is afraid. My husband looked at her and honestly didn't really like her. He felt she was incomplete. Which ironically is EXACTLY what I was going for. She IS incomplete. She won't speak up. She won't speak her mind. He felt when he looked at her there was a "glaring absence". I liked that and have aptly named this drawing just that! I am sure many of you out there can relate to having that fear of really saying what is on your mind! It is something I work on quite often and am getting better at. The key is learning how to do it with true compassion, kindness and tact!

1 comment:

  1. Another good one. I agree we all tend to hold back what we feel. I like her as well. Are ya using Colored Pencils? Hope ya having a wonderful day! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

i heart love notes....