Thursday, February 19, 2009

DO YOU HIDE WHO YOU ARE?



So...I did this quick pencil drawing in about 5 minutes upon having a conversation with my husband about our 14 year old daughter. I was inspired to draw this "girl" because she is like SO many of us who feel we need to hide who we truly are. Have you ever noticed walking through the mall or at the movies, all the young girls who seem to have their bangs hanging in their eyes and their shoulders slumped? What are they hiding from?? Are they that ashamed of who they are?? Do they really not want the world to see what amazing, beautiful extraordinary beings they are? I feel such a strong need to embrace authenticity,even though it can be very difficult at times, depending on your present company. I know I struggle at times with this and certainly did in my teenage years and in most of my twenties for that matter...but I feel I am coming into my own at nearly 37 and a mother of 4...3 of which are girls! I want them to be proud of who they are and to hold their heads high...to embrace their differences and let the world know they don't need to hide who they are! Is there anyone else out there who can can relate to what I am talking about?? I would welcome any comments from those of you who aren't afraid to hide who you truly, authentically, genuinely are!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome entry! Way to go as a mom. I also like ya pic. We have our girls bombarded with ya HAVE TO BE this, that, and the other.That our children don't understand it's ok to be just THEMSELVES! I applaude ya wanting to ya girls to know it's perfectly fine to hold themselves with respect and dignity and be proud of themselves.
    Ya know God only made one of them, IF he wanted us all the same he would have done so. He chose each of us for our uniqueness. I'm happy ya see this in instill this in ya children. They will be much better people as they grow.
    Keep expressing yaself hun.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi K!
    answering your question regarding the music on my blog, go to: http://www.playlist.com/
    sign up, search for your songs, add them to your play list, then get a HTML code for your blog and post it.
    Let me know if you have any questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi K! thanks for becoming a follower of my blog!
    Good for you, wanting to create. I have 2 suggestions for you. First I would join this site www.atcsforall.com , I have always been creative, but after joining this my confidence has soared. Its a great community.Its ATC based, but does other swaps too.ATC's are artist trading cards, that you swap with others. As they are small its a great way to try diff styles.I am purplecat on there.
    the second idea is to try an online class. A great one, again with good community is www.suziblu.ning.com. also there are people like wyanne, or willowing, who are good also, look them up.
    Hope this helps, any more info e-mail me at karenjtomlinson[at]hotmail.co.uk.
    hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete

i heart love notes....